Recently I just bought a new iPod Touch from a local store here in Roxas City. The reason I bought it because I work hard all year round and it is only fair that I reward myself with some pleasures that the technological age offers. What I like of these devise is it´s features, what makes it a better option for us and what can the iPod touch do that the other iPods can´t or haven´t. The first thing to be noted with the iPod touch is the extended battery life, Apple have enhanced the battery significantly in the iPod touch and it can now provide up to 36 hours of audio playback, which is the equivalent of around 6 hours in video play. This means that I can watch three full movies on the iPod Touch making it a great companion on long journeys. Let’s not forget the gaming fans, well I’m a gamer myself also, with the iPod App Store built into the iPod touch you have an endless and infinite choice of games to keep you entertained for days and weeks, expanding your horizons beyond previous games on cell phones, as the iPod touch has taken this feature to a new level. Another thing I like on this device is that it has a built-in Wi-Fi.
Meaning I can check my email, open my Facebook account (of course play Farmville), play videos on YouTube, check the current weather, and surf the World Wide Web. Also being able to share your iPod experience with your friends has now been made easy, with the iPod touch having a built in speaker, eliminating the need for a headset, although this is still an option so the privacy has been maintained as well. Wow, I almost forgot the real issue why I created this post of course how to update my iPod Touch? Hahaha..Well, one friend of mine actually asks how she will be able to update its newly brought iPod Touch so I told her how it should be done. So maybe I can share it with you guys here on my blog. Here’s how to update iPod Touch?
It’s pretty easy to update the software on your iPod Touch, or any other iPod device. Make sure you have the latest iTunes software on your computer. Just plug it in to a computer running iTunes and once it sees the device, it’ll prompt you to update things. Here’s what happened to me when I plugged in my iPod Touch. Your device is set up to automatically sync with iTunes. This may take a while, as the device needs to be backed-up in addition to syncing.
1. Click your device’s name (if you did not change the name of your device the default name will show) in the sidebar to bring up this screen.
2. Under the Summary Tab, click the “Check for Update” button under Version.
3. If an update is available, click Update.
4. This download may take a while, so be patient. Well, I suppose its duration will depend on how fast your network connection is. For me it took an inordinately long period of time . Make sure not to disconnect your device or quit out of iTunes. Various prompts may appear once the software is downloaded. Click Accept or Continue for all prompts. Included in this will be the License Agreement, in which you must click Accept.
5. If the update is successful, under Version, it should say “Your iPod (iPhone) is up to date. iTunes will automatically check for an update again on (insert date).”
That’s all you have successfully updated your iPod Touch to the latest firmware. Hope this post will help a lot. Enjoy listening, surfing the web or playing in your iPod.